Job Title: Experienced Industrial Sewing Machinists
Place: Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate, North Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hours: 7:30am to 4:30pm Mon – Thurs, 7:30am to 2pm Friday
Rate of Pay: Negotiable
Due to continued growth, Insulcon Technical are seeking Experienced Industrial Sewing Machinists to join their busy dedicated team working on flexible industrial insulation products and flexible expansion bellows within our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in North Shields, Tyne & Wear.
Experience in sewing and stitching of heavy industrial fabrics such as silicone coated glass fabrics or experience in a similar role is essential. May be suitable for a person with sewing experience in the furniture trade or automotive field who has worked with fabrics such as heavy leathers and upholsteries.
The role will involve using industrial sewing machinery, having great hand-eye coordination following patterns in order to piece and stitch together various industrial fabrics. Ability to follow instructions, be dexterous and able to handle heavy fabrics and produce quality work on time to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
You will be a conscientious and hardworking individual, able to work well as part of a team where everybody’s contribution is essential to our success.
- Fabricating and assembling flexible insulation products using the appropriate fabrics from standard templates / patterns and instructions from templates and marked pieces.
- Simple maintenance of sewing machines – changing needles etc. Handle materials, goods and components carefully and comply with safety regulations and quality standards
- Assist in packing of insulation Products
- Planning and organising of workload
- Ensuring quality control standards are followed
- Ensuring health and safety standards are followed
Skills, Knowledge And Experience Required:
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual
- Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
Our ambitions for you in the future:
Our determined and professional approach will map the path that will enable you to progress your career significantly in the future within Insulcon Technical. Our vision is to develop the skills that will help you to fully understand all aspects of our business and be able to carry out other tasks in addition to stitching of fabrics.
Ultimately, if you work hard and have a passion for our business and a will to succeed you will be given the opportunity to grow with the business as a person and a valued team member.